Recent content by Dave Boyle

1. Dave Boyle

Pyrosomes

Indeed, there's a load of ecosystems that have been hosed with the addition/extreme prevalence of another species. On a UK site I was just reading about how the Victorians inadvertently messed up a load of fairly good trout lochs in the Highlands by adding minnows thinking they were adding an...
  2. Dave Boyle

Washington-Seattle area tolls

Is there a pay lane in Seattle? The only tolls I know are thd 520 bridge and the tunnel. Dave
  3. Dave Boyle

Blob Flies!

They work on winter bass too. A surprised Treefrog at lone a couple of weeks ago. Dave
  4. 51A8CCFC-B9A2-47B0-8F59-86964EE9E963.jpeg

51A8CCFC-B9A2-47B0-8F59-86964EE9E963.jpeg

5. Dave Boyle

Pike in the San Juan Islands?

Amazed that the penalties for doing bucket biology are so low. Once fish are released, the damage to control them is so much more. Dave
  6. Dave Boyle

When is a 5 wt line not a 5 wt?

Hey, Jeff I’d shoot for an 8 😎
  7. Dave Boyle

When is a 5 wt line not a 5 wt?

When it is actually a 3 wt….I was looking to buy some cheap lines to cut to see what would make a really nice heavy head for pulling my mids out of the depth with no issue. Some bobber folks in Canada buy cheap lines and then trim back towards the taper to achieve this, others buy nymph lines...
  8. Dave Boyle

Washington-Seattle area tolls

That's in the toll lane only right? I'm lucky I do not really commute and only go up the 5 to see my kids at school in B'ham. The only tolls I've seen are going over to Bothell but they were lane specific so I didn't pay a dime. Dave
  9. Dave Boyle

What's in your vise?

I was thinking similar but as a leech for trout, a more natural booby so to speak. An olive one just above the weed beds could be deadly. Dave
  10. Dave Boyle

What Are You Eating?

Mendoza's on Aurora at ~78th has really good ones, their pork tamales too are really good but at $3.50 ea. a tad spendy.
  11. Dave Boyle

What Are You Eating?

Always, fast and easy with more super crisp skin and saving the backs is great for the odd batch of stock. Winner, winner, chicken dinner…. Dave
  12. Dave Boyle

What Are You Eating?

I took stock and decided there was enough to make stock…😎 Dave
  13. Dave Boyle

Favorite Chironomid Hooks?

I use the 1760s, togens and Firehole 718s . I like the latter the best as really strong hooks and come barbless. Their sizing is very generous as I’ve noted in an earlier post. Dave
  14. Dave Boyle

Puget Sound

Like many I was wondering WTF you were up to but didn’t want to be nosey. Very happy to see you back on this forum. I’ll reach out to you for comment when the chum fry fever goes ballistic 😉 Welcome back Nick! Dave
  15. Dave Boyle

Puget Sound

Wow! That's rarer than getting a Steelie in the salt :) Dave