Recent content by Ceviche

1. C

What are you listening to?

Nick Cave has been so underappreciated. Brilliant artist!
  2. C

After making that song, Stevie wanted to join The Heartbreakers. Tom just said, “No.”
  3. C

I made the mistake of listening to The 5th Dimension's version of Laura Nyro's "Wedding Bell Blues." Marilyn McCoo's vocals remain like nothing else. It's been at least a week, and I still can't get it out of my head! So bad, I think I need ayahuasca therapy.
  4. C

New Opportunity?

I know I have a fish ID book, dating back by decades, that stated that Stripers are in the Columbia River. "Have been..." So how about Willapa Bay and Gray's Harbor? Dreaded thoughts.
  5. C

New Opportunity?

Tilapia can be passed off as shitty catfish. Similar muddy taste but worse to nasty, if compared to farmed catfish (pond-raised and fed cornmeal). I can't remember the literary reference, but I do recall some mention of "shad roe" somewhere during my English degree education. Negative...
  6. C

Montana man used animal tissue and testicles to breed ‘giant’ sheep for sale to hunting preserves (Bos Globe)

Ummmm.... Ah.... I guess I won't ask what you're really saying. :eek:
  7. C

Martha

Could. It. Be. Time. For. A. Northern Pike. Clave? Aggression The northern pike is a relatively aggressive species, especially with regard to feeding. For example, when food sources are scarce, cannibalism develops, starting around five weeks in a small percentage of populations.[16] This...
  8. C

Wet Flies for Lakes

Golden Yellow pheasant rump, no less! If you can find it.
  9. C

Washington-Seattle area tolls

It’s what I do.
  10. C

NFR Anybody want to shoot some owls....

Jim, are you secretly a crypto owl? Just asking for a friend.
  11. C

Blew me away when I first heard it. Rick Rubin did good work on that.
  12. C

A small observation about fishing

I dunno…. I often times think that fish are as smart in their world as we are in ours. And neither of us do very well when spending too much time in the other’s. And maybe they’re a little smarter for not making it a point to ruin theirs.
  13. C

Pass Lake

While I can’t speak for the wind, it looks like Pass won’t be getting much of the rain coming through during the rest of the week. Olympic range rain shadow.
  14. C

NFR Anybody want to shoot some owls....

Much like the Cattle Egret. Originally from the African Savannah, they spread to every continent on Earth, except for Antarctica, due to damage to their original habitat. I’ve even seen them in Hawaii. Invasive? More like environmental refugees.