Show me your tying storage!

krusty

We're on the Road to Nowhere...
Forum Supporter
I like that a lot. I've always liked the idea of those small, contained work spaces. I had one that was given to me at one point bt it was just too small and cramped. But this is built into the whole desk so you still have workspace. I gotta think about this now :)
Some people (like my wife) can keep a large workspace free of clutter....I can't. The larger the workbench in my garage (the old one ran the whole length of the longest wall in the garage) the worse the mess, and my big desks at work just tended to get out of control. Smaller work surfaces make organization easier....and the key is having easily accessible organized storage to return stuff where it belongs. A 30 minute cleanup (which tends to be avoided and accumulative) is reduced to a few minutes easily completed after every use.

SurfnFish

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I like that a lot. I've always liked the idea of those small, contained work spaces. I had one that was given to me at one point bt it was just too small and cramped. But this is built into the whole desk so you still have workspace. I gotta think about this now :)
super easy to build, materials from Home Depot
table base a 2x4 laminated pine slab
threaded screw legs are available turned or square, screw into metal receivers
the tool slots on each side are drilled 2x2's
the back frame for holding flash is 1x3, use 1x4 if wanting more hooks
the angled spool board is scrap 1x10 with blocks for the angle
half day project n.i.c. time for the poly to dry

Last edited:

krusty

We're on the Road to Nowhere...
Forum Supporter
In case you haven’t seen. Great sale. I just stocked up on bins and I think I have a plan!
Everybody probably is already well aware that plastic bins, while wonderful for organization, won't necessarily keep the critters that eat many natural flytying materials away. Dermestid beetles are sneaky little shits.

Sturdy zip lock bags provide additional protection, contribute to improved storage organization, and will keep materials that turn out to be infested segregated from other materials.

Bob N

Steelhead
Trying to get a bit more organized. My start; I have a few more things coming from Amazon to help me out as well. Bets on how long before 40% of this is in a giant pile in my tying area :).

Questions for folks. How do you store cure, glue, etc.?

View attachment 53979
I store glues and epoxies vertical, had problems with epoxies on their side leaking. I would put those capes in ziplocks. If you have any long shot possibility’s of bugs, they will be decimated before you know it.