Show me your tying storage!

RCF

Life of the Party
With regards to a chair, something with really good lower back support and is comfortable for long periods of sitting. I prefer to have adjustable height in the arms as well as adjustable height in the seat. Since you are going to have a carpet protector, one with wheels is even better.

Mine is a lot like @jasmillo 's:

krusty

We're on the Road to Nowhere...
Forum Supporter
@Billy - first thing I would get is one of those glass/hard plastic carpet protectors. When , not if, you drop/lose/misplace a hook off the desk you have a lot better chance chance of finding it before it snags your foot, or even better before it snags your wife's/kids foot. Trust me!
My wife gave me one of those powerful sweeping magnets quilters use to gather fallen needles...works great for lost hooks (other than stainless).

RCF

Life of the Party
My wife gave me one of those powerful sweeping magnets quilters use to gather fallen needles...works great for lost hooks (other than stainless).

I have often wondered about those sweeper magnets. One of the side benefits of the carpet protectors is it makes rolling around on a chair with wheels easier on carpet...

Islander

Life of the Party
No
Probably a better workout standing
I might try that
I have a tall kitchen bar chair with a cushion on it, but have found it is nice to stand and tie more often than not. I donā€™t spend hours at the vise though, maybe a dozen or two at a time.

krusty

We're on the Road to Nowhere...
Forum Supporter
I have often wondered about those sweeper magnets. One of the side benefits of the carpet protectors is it makes rolling around on a chair with wheels easier on carpet...
Yup...you can destroy a carpet pretty fast with a roll around chair and no carpet protector.

Carpet diem!