Show me your tying storage!

Rio Grande King

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
The Plano boxes and Cabelas's zipper case with multiple sheets hold EVERYTHING I ever need. As a bonus they all fit in the green carrying bag behind them.

Plano.jpeg

PSYCH- the storage stuff shown above IS really handy. I tie out of the Plano holding thread and hooks almost every session, but they hold just a fraction of the fly tying material accumulated over the past 60-years or so.
For example:
Boxes.jpeg

Attachments

• Plano.jpeg
    Plano.jpeg
    638.6 KB · Views: 6

RCF

Life of the Party
@Billy - first thing I would get is one of those glass/hard plastic carpet protectors. When , not if, you drop/lose/misplace a hook off the desk you have a lot better chance chance of finding it before it snags your foot, or even better before it snags your wife's/kids foot. Trust me!

Billy

Big poppa
Staff member
Admin
@Billy - first thing I would get is one of those glass/hard plastic carpet protectors. When , not if, you drop/lose/misplace a hook off the desk you have a lot better chance chance of finding it before it snags your foot, or even better before it snags your wife's/kids foot. Trust me!
We are getting floors at some point but that is a good idea!

RCF

Life of the Party
Something else you might consider. Lots of people, me included, use something to protect the desk surface, helps with items not rolling around a lot, and can help with cleaning up the area. Also can help with mounting your light and magnifier... Many help organize tools also. A number of ideas included in pictures in this thread - from simple to extravagant.

Mine is just a cutting board repurposed... It is amazing what those slots and pockets do catching stuff.

20200516_185239.jpg

Last edited:

Rio Grande King

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
BF Magnet!