What's in your vise?

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
Youre a legend! I really appreciate it, they are also currently ON SALE! We are sun-setting our current heads and once they are gone will begin the process of making Spawn Heads Season 3!
Thanks for the heads-up on this. Been meaning to get some for tuna especially this year. I recently ordered some, and while I was there I found fifty bucks worth of other stuff I didn't even know I needed.

Zak

Legend
Forum Supporter
Big ugly bass fly. Chassis like a yuk bug then a rabbit strip tied in at the rear and wound forward. There's a size 6 hook in there.

Question for people who use rabbit strips: when the rabbit strip gets soaking wet, will it loosen up and slide around? Should I have soaked it first, or used super glue on the shank before winding it? The last time I tried using super glue like that, it got all over the rabbit fur.
PXL_20230118_014439536.jpg

Kfish

Flyologist
Forum Supporter
Big ugly bass fly. Chassis like a yuk bug then a rabbit strip tied in at the rear and wound forward. There's a size 6 hook in there.

Question for people who use rabbit strips: when the rabbit strip gets soaking wet, will it loosen up and slide around? Should I have soaked it first, or used super glue on the shank before winding it? The last time I tried using super glue like that, it got all over the rabbit fur.
View attachment 50509
Nah as long as you wrapped it down tight it won't slide around.

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
A total play off my previous tiger fly tied on a shank with a free flowing hook (which I'm considering swapping out for a treble ala Joe Goodspeed or perhaps a double Gami frog hook). I can't really get the free flowing single to ride appropriately all the time. At any rate, this should solve that problem, but no interchangeable hook.

still in the same ~8" range, but with less weight, should also be easier to cast. Tied up on a 4/0 Ahrex Aberdeen Predator with a touch of foam off the back (top) plus small dumbbell eyes underneath about 1/3 of the way down to create some serious instability yet will also still self correct on the pause. Kinda like a naturally sick/injured baitfish.

JgWrtiu.jpg

kZaMSWb.jpg

Last edited:

mcswny

Legend
Forum Supporter
A total play off my previous tiger fly tied on a shank with a free flowing hook (which I'm considering swapping out for a treble ala Joe Goodspeed or perhaps a double Gami frog hook). I can't really get the free flowing single to ride appropriately all the time. At any rate, this should solve that problem, but no interchangeable hook.

still in the same ~8" range, but with less weight, should also be easier to cast. Tied up on a 4/0 Ahrex Aberdeen Predator with a touch of foam off the back (top) plus small dumbbell eyes underneath about 1/3 of the way down to create some serious instability yet will also still self correct on the pause. Kinda like a naturally sick/injured baitfish.

JgWrtiu.jpg

kZaMSWb.jpg

So cool.

Scottp

Legend
PRUF

52635991865_57b7168bd2_c.jpg

52635550856_f742f2d37c_c.jpg

52635041732_4ef13711e1_c.jpg

Pheasant Rump Up Front

hook - WFC Model 6 #10
thread - Uni 8/0 rusty dun
tail - yarn hot orange
rib - small wire gold
body - Starburst dubbing tan
hackle - Cree
shoulder - pheasant rump
collar - pheasant aftershaft (loop dubbed)

Regards,
Scott