Deals at online Retailers

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
Forum Supporter

bobduck

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I buy online items such as hooks, tools etc. but when to comes to fur or feathers I'm kind of touchy feely and like to do the hands on approach. I have no fly shop here and the drive across the bridges to Portland is never pleasant. So when I know I'll be in an area where there is a fly shop (usually Maupin) I always make a wish list of materials before leaving home. A couple of exceptions were when I bought a partridge skin from a forum member and when I bought a jungle cock neck from Theriault Flies out of Stacyville Maine.. I was very happy with both purchases. I was comfortable with buying from a forum member but a little nervous about Theriault until I received the neck but relieved upon delivery that it was good quality as promised. I've been know to have fly shop withdrawals.

Long_Rod_Silvers

Elder Millennial
Forum Supporter
I buy online items such as hooks, tools etc. but when to comes to fur or feathers I'm kind of touchy feely and like to do the hands on approach. I have no fly shop here and the drive across the bridges to Portland is never pleasant. So when I know I'll be in an area where there is a fly shop (usually Maupin) I always make a wish list of materials before leaving home.
There's definitely things I'd never order online unless I really wanted to be disappointed for some reason.....like bucktail.
There's also things like dubbing and synthetics that I have no problem ordering online (especially if I've used them before). But I get what you're saying, especially if it's a synthetic you've never ordered before and you aren't sure what the different sizes look like, or the coloring of the product.

I like your idea of going with a wish list though - very smart.

Northern

Seeking SMB
Forum Supporter
Hey guys!
I have friendly Xmas suggestions for y'all :)

Based on a half century of observation, I would guess that many of you male types are hard to buy Xmas gifts for because you either A) Buy what you want for yourself when you see it - often while xmas shopping 😠 - and drive your family nuts
Or
B) don't tell your family you'd love x, y, and z tying materials - which make excellent stocking stuffers -because it seems like too much work to specify exact colors, sizes, styles, etc.

So!
J Stockard has a Wishlist function if you create an account. You can share this with your family via their email address, or print it out if you want to hand them something they can take to your local fly shop. JS runs a lot of specials at the holidays, too, tho.

I've also pointed mine to FTD and said Northern Lights and Kraken Dub - surprise me with colors!

Anyway, just a thought as I continue to collect "I dunno - I don't really need anything" answers from the Y chromosomes in my life 😉

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
My wife and I don't exchange gifts anymore - it's fun to spend time with our two grandkids (ages three and five). The two of us have more stuff than we need (we're trying to figure out how to downsize, but)....... @Billy posts this: https://pnwflyfishing.com/forum/ind...test-and-novembers-winner-is.3613/#post-82467 and then of course I need "Pellet" colo(u)red FNF Slush (sold out everywhere).

I like your idea, Lee, of setting up wishlist!

Last edited:

Divad

Whitefish
My wife and I don't exchange gifts anymore - it's fun to spend time with our two grandkids (ages three and five). The two of us have more stuff than we need (we're trying to figure out how to downsize, but)....... @Billy posts this: https://pnwflyfishing.com/forum/ind...test-and-novembers-winner-is.3613/#post-82467 and then of course I need "Pellet" colo(u)red FNF Slush (sold out everywhere).

I like your idea, Lee, of setting up wishlist!
No joke though you actually DO need the pellet color 🙃 Even made an egg sucking pellet variant to match the hatch and they work too well.

Buzzy

Forum Supporter
No joke though you actually DO need the pellet color 🙃 Even made an egg sucking pellet variant to match the hatch and they work too well.
send me some...... ;-) jk

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
Didn't see it advertised, and doesn't show up on the product page. But when I added this bad boy to my cart, it was almost $100 off! Didn't show up until the shopping cart screen.

That inspired an impulse buy from me. While this particular size may not be useful to many here, I'm sure the the others have a discount too.

Reactions: RCF

Divad

Whitefish
send me some...... ;-) jk
You want a bag? My hookup has inventory and I am stopping by on Monday anyways. I can snail mail it to ya for free.

Be it you have Apple Pay since that’s my only electronic payment system.

Buzzy

Forum Supporter
You want a bag? My hookup has inventory and I am stopping by on Monday anyways. I can snail mail it to ya for free.

Be it you have Apple Pay since that’s my only electronic payment system.
Thanks for the offer!! Not today my friend.

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
Forum Supporter
Hey guys!
I have friendly Xmas suggestions for y'all :)

Based on a half century of observation, I would guess that many of you male types are hard to buy Xmas gifts for because you either A) Buy what you want for yourself when you see it - often while xmas shopping 😠 - and drive your family nuts
Or
B) don't tell your family you'd love x, y, and z tying materials - which make excellent stocking stuffers -because it seems like too much work to specify exact colors, sizes, styles, etc.

So!
J Stockard has a Wishlist function if you create an account. You can share this with your family via their email address, or print it out if you want to hand them something they can take to your local fly shop. JS runs a lot of specials at the holidays, too, tho.

I've also pointed mine to FTD and said Northern Lights and Kraken Dub - surprise me with colors!

Anyway, just a thought as I continue to collect "I dunno - I don't really need anything" answers from the Y chromosomes in my life 😉
We do lists on Amazon. For me, if they want to get me something fishing related (like I need anymore) I have them get me gift certificates from certain shops.

Kfish

Flyologist
Forum Supporter
Screenshot_20221207-091911.png

Every Day A New Deal
ONLINE • IN-STORE

12/8 - 20% off Lines, Leaders & Tippet

12/9 - 20% off Luggage, Packs & Bags

12/10 - 20% off Waders & Boots

12/11 - 20% off all Fly Tying Tools, Vises & Materials - ONLINE ONLY

12/12 - Buy 2 Lines Get 3rd line of equal or lesser value free.

12/13 - 20% off Jackets & Rain Gear

12/14 - 20% off all Reels

12/15 - 20% off Rod & Reel Combos

12/16 - 20% off Rods

12/17 - 20% off all that will fit in a basket

12/18 - 20% off Web Orders

12/19 - Stay home and wrap

12/20 - Keep wrapping...

12/21 - $100 = $120 Gift Certificate

Divad

Whitefish
View attachment 44150

Every Day A New Deal
ONLINE • IN-STORE

12/8 - 20% off Lines, Leaders & Tippet

12/9 - 20% off Luggage, Packs & Bags

12/10 - 20% off Waders & Boots

12/11 - 20% off all Fly Tying Tools, Vises & Materials - ONLINE ONLY

12/12 - Buy 2 Lines Get 3rd line of equal or lesser value free.

12/13 - 20% off Jackets & Rain Gear

12/14 - 20% off all Reels

12/15 - 20% off Rod & Reel Combos

12/16 - 20% off Rods

12/17 - 20% off all that will fit in a basket

12/18 - 20% off Web Orders

12/19 - Stay home and wrap

12/20 - Keep wrapping...

12/21 - $100 = $120 Gift Certificate
Those are some good deals, 12/12 is a steal!

Buzzy

Forum Supporter
going out of business

Thanks Norm - I've enjoyed buying tungsten beads from Wholesaleflycompany in larger volume than the 10 and 20 per package that seem to hang from the pegs in shops.