The Thanksgiving Feast Thread

wanderingrichard

Life of the Party
We do a pot luck style dinner, with us providing the bird. Usually I do it up in our Big Easy Roaster.

With only 1 hand right now, wife took over the duties. Going Alton Brown style by spatchcocking the bird, laid over a bed of root veggies, whatever they are. Splitting it is supposed to reduce cook time, so we'll see.

Guests bringing rest of dishes, and thier dogs in a few cases, so we expect a wide variety of tastes and smells to emenate from the kitchen starting mid day.

Reactions: Zak

Porter2

Life of the Party
Follow up. Yep damn delicious. Another great feast. And so full now. But a turkey sandwich and National Lampoon Xmas vacation later tonight. Family tradition.

15652ECE-D624-4745-B477-79B05EC89AC7.jpeg
This is for the non meat eaters…..

82D2907F-F7DC-4796-98BA-D1EBB788379B.jpeg
First serving.
F0F716AB-A43B-4448-ACBE-2B8F8CE42DF7.jpeg
One of two turkeys. Other one roasted.

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
It spent all damn day in the oven but everyone raved about the porchetta.
D8CBCF82-159F-4BB6-B7D8-12030E032A4B.jpeg

But to be honest, as good as it was, I sure do love potatoes. This potato-kale-Gruyere gratin was the best I’ve ever made it.

87B20822-33F5-484C-BA8D-9A36D17C9669.jpeg

The only thing about the smoked turkey I made Wednesday is that smoking renders the turkey carcass mostly useless; I think it’d make a stock taste like an ashtray.

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
It spent all damn day in the oven but everyone raved about the porchetta.
View attachment 42588

But to be honest, as good as it was, I sure do love potatoes. This potato-kale-Gruyere gratin was the best I’ve ever made it.

View attachment 42589

The only thing about the smoked turkey I made Wednesday is that smoking renders the turkey carcass mostly useless; I think it’d make a stock taste like an ashtray.
Now that’s a fat cap…

mark wlker

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Since I forgot to thaw out the turkey breast it will be pizza for now. Late turkey dinner. Both are regular meals so nothing new and no complaints

View attachment 42471
We buy those Butterball roasts in half white meat, half dark meat. Better half doesn't care much for white and I can eat either. They're pretty good. Enough left over for a sandwich or two and maybe a turkey pie.