How to pass the time...

mcswny

Legend
Forum Supporter
Ouch, are you 100% with one kidney? Do you have to do any special dialysis or anything?

Your posts about going down into canyons got me thinking lately, it will be nice to be able to do that again and keep up with the kids. After a walk up a hill a few days ago maybe only 100 yards I was sucking air, my heart was pounding out of my chest and palpitations. I knew something was wrong, then I got a call last night, something was wrong. So I should be healed up by spring and full of energy again with a new valve 🤞
Yeah 100% good--other than I can't take IBProfin and life insurance is more expensive (not that I have it). No dialysis, I was the healthy one, I donated it to a good friend 3 years ago.

Oh jeez, yeah, time to take care of that. Heal up and listen to your nurses/doctors. It's worth it!

TicTokCroc

Sunkist and Sudafed
Forum Supporter
Yeah 100% good--other than I can't take IBProfin and life insurance is more expensive (not that I have it). No dialysis, I was the healthy one, I donated it to a good friend 3 years ago.

Oh jeez, yeah, time to take care of that. Heal up and listen to your nurses/doctors. It's worth it!
Nice gift, yea I don't even think Big Lou will give me life insurance. My wife's disappointed.

Billy

Big poppa
Staff member
Admin
Been a nurse over 10 years. Best advice I can give is to get up and move the moment you are cleared to! Don't take the stronger pain meds if you don't need them. They can and do cause side effects like constipation and worst.

Be kind to all the staff and don't be a creep and hit on the female nurses or CNA's. It's a hard enough job without harrassment.

Also pay attention to what everyone tells you and keep notes...it's easy to be distracted and get home and not have a clue your discharge instructions even though you were told. Good luck!

TicTokCroc

Sunkist and Sudafed
Forum Supporter
Been a nurse over 10 years. Best advice I can give is to get up and move the moment you are cleared to! Don't take the stronger pain meds if you don't need them. They can and do cause side effects like constipation and worst.

Be kind to all the staff and don't be a creep and hit on the female nurses or CNA's. It's a hard enough job without harrassment.

Also pay attention to what everyone tells you and keep notes...it's easy to be distracted and get home and not have a clue your discharge instructions even though you were told. Good luck!
Thanks... I think 🤔
Trust me I won't be pinching any nurses asses. Does this happen a lot?

TicTokCroc

Sunkist and Sudafed
Forum Supporter
My girlfriend works housekeeping in a hospital. She refused to go into one guy's room....seems when the lady staff members would enter the room, he would take up pleasuring himself. Ewww,,,
Ok I can see it, it's a segment of the population for sure, just never really thought about it before. Still I'm a bit taken aback that my advice for surgery is don't sexually harass the staff :LOL:

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
Get better soon! I wish you a speedy recovery. Not having spent that much time consecutively (or much time at all) in the hospital myself--outside of work, the best I can say is something that I would do myself in that position. Streaming services are bomber....don't watch stuff that you may want to as to save it for later if you can (I don't have that kind of self control). Bottom line though, heal up quick!

RCF

Life of the Party
Thread Drift: Make sure you have your chargers for any electronics. (So easy to forget them). Do not ask me how I know...

Peyton00

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
My older daughter is (I think) old enough to learn cribbage now so maybe I'll refresh my memory and teach us, keep them off the tablets, maybe learn some math.

Being a 2, 3 or 4 person game. One of the best.

TicTokCroc

Sunkist and Sudafed
Forum Supporter
Thread Drift: Make sure you have your chargers for any electronics. (So easy to forget them). Do not ask me how I know...
Not thread drift at all, just another thing to add: Helpful things to bring!

Button up shirt, don't try putting a regular shirt on after this ordeal.

Ron McNeal

Sound, Light, and Frequency...............
Forum Supporter
Sometimes the Law & Crime Network streams live courtroom goings-on without any commercials. Can be interesting/entertaining........

Canuck from Kansas

Aimlessly wondering through life
Forum Supporter
Best wishes for a speedy and full recovery!! Take care.

Rob Allen

Life of the Party
Trying to prepare myself... I will be stuck in a hospital bed for about a week real soon. I can only read soo much, and shitposting on PNWFF only takes up a half hour of my day :LOL: so, besides books, magazines, phone, youtube, whatever cable stations they have on that little TV, word games/crosswords. I'm guessing hauling in my fly tying stuff would be frowned upon...

One hobby I have taken up is listening to audio books, the cool thing about then is when you wake up after a nap it takes hours to find the spot in the story where you fell asleep...