Tide Sites

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
Looks like things have changed recently at Tides.net.
Ads and membership required to see future tides which are blurred out.
I really like the full month calendar view and being able to skip ahead months.

Any other sites you know of that that offer a similar full month calendar view?
Thanks
SF

cedarslug

Steelhead
Probably over the top, but I've always liked Tides4Fishing. I use ad blockers, so not sure what the default browsing experience is like.

I like this one, because it has a lot of other information and includes temperature solunar activity, etc.

NRC

I’m just here so I don’t get mined
Forum Supporter

Thanks
SF
If you like using MS excel I have a badass spreadsheet I could send you

Brian Miller

Be vewy vewy quiet, I'm hunting Cutthwoat Twout
Forum Supporter

Thanks
SF

Yup, that's new.
1669246177776.png
Do we know "Chris"?

I use https://www.tidespro.com/
1669245960066.png
It gives a solunar forecast as a bonus
1669245886769.png

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter

Brian Miller

Forum Supporter
Brian,
Thank you. That site will work well for my needs since it has the calendar view, which I like.
I also like that it gives the wind conditions.
SF
Huh, I hadn't noticed wind conditions. The weather data apparently varies depending on the reporting station.

Brian Miller

Forum Supporter

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
In all seriousness, I could definitely figure this out. Just a matter of getting the free time to do it. Maybe while I'm sitting watching football one of these sundays I can have a go at it. I know what I'd need to do, just need to make it happen.

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
Personally, I just use the Tides Now app on my phone. I'm assuming they have it for WA. I have the CA and OR versions.

but yeah, @Evan B , feel free to utilize your free time for this.... :LOL: man, you're crazy!

Nick Clayton

Fishing Is Neat
Forum Supporter
I too noticed this change recently. Sucks, that was always my favorite tide site. As Brian mentioned being able to look at the whole month or months in advance was so handy. I use a tide app as well but when planning for tides next month it doesn't work. I even considered signing up and paying the few bucks to use it but then I wondered if Chris had sold that as well and this was all the doing of the evil warlords at that other place. Since I refuse to support them I couldn't risk it.

NRC

I’m just here so I don’t get mined
Forum Supporter
In all seriousness, I could definitely figure this out. Just a matter of getting the free time to do it. Maybe while I'm sitting watching football one of these sundays I can have a go at it. I know what I'd need to do, just need to make it happen.
I’ve done some work to process the raw NOAA data and lay it out for my own ends, and started trying to automate my processes more but got derailed. Hit me up if you’d like some free keyboard labor, I have really enjoyed what I’ve done so far and would like to see the fruits of that labor made available to others, especially in a way that doesn’t require them to use my stupid spreadsheets.

RCF

Life of the Party
In the little bit I can see without being a member it looks like CS is still involved.

If someone is a member look at Terms of Use, Terms and Conditions, Privacy Statements, and Rights/Privacy Notice, where all the legalese is. That is where the owner is identified easily. If it is VS easy to know.

If it is VS or other large corporation definitely go for it @Evan B .

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
I’ve done some work to process the raw NOAA data and lay it out for my own ends, and started trying to automate my processes more but got derailed. Hit me up if you’d like some free keyboard labor, I have really enjoyed what I’ve done so far and would like to see the fruits of that labor made available to others, especially in a way that doesn’t require them to use my stupid spreadsheets.
Yeah not a bad idea. Their API tools seem pretty awesome, it's just a matter of putting it all together in a way that an end user can use. I imagine using Json would probably be the way to go. Then to figure out how to use the data it spits out to create visuals. I'd need to rack my brain a bit. I could probably find some things on github that can read that data and do something with it.

jasmillo

}=)))*>
Forum Supporter
I use tidepros as well. Free and allows you to look ahead months at a time. Gives you chart and graph views. The charts copy easily out to Excel. I’ve been doing that the last couple of Coho seasons so I can add notes on how different beaches fish on different tides, etc.

166C0E3D-7ABE-4883-83D6-E5CDEC284623.png

71626BDF-0CAC-45B9-8020-DC654022D602.png

Brian Miller

Forum Supporter
I use a tide app as well but when planning for tides next month it doesn't work.
I also have the Tide Graph and Tide Now WA apps on my phone. My thought process likes the Tide Graph interface and menu options but Tide Now works offline.
Screenshot_20221123_215409_Tide Graph.jpgScreenshot_20221123_215254.jpg