Been doing more blastin' than castin'...

ianpadron

Steelhead
Been a banner year so far for big game.

Shot my biggest buck to-date about 2 weeks ago in Idaho with one of my best buds, and then punched my MT tag on an absolute stomper of a timber buck during a break in the weather this past weekend.

That was a solo mission that I'll be recovering from for awhile.

Blessed and grateful as always, and thanking the Lord daily for all he created for us to enjoy.

For those of you who want the whole story, I've got both hunts up on my YouTube channel, Mountains to Marshes.

20221012_184845.jpgIMG_20221024_104230_593.jpgIMG_20221021_170022_061.jpg20221012_211253.jpg20221023_191220.jpg

Chadk

Life of the Party
Awesome. Stuff that dreams are made of right there. How hard was it to get the tags this year for Idaho and MT? OTC?

ianpadron

Steelhead
Awesome. Stuff that dreams are made of right there. How hard was it to get the tags this year for Idaho and MT? OTC?
I'm a Montana resident now so that was quick 'n easy, as a non-res in the past it took 1-2 points to draw a general deer tag.

Idaho is a complete cluster after their non-res quota system was instituted 2 years back.

Each unit has a non-res license quota, and they are sold first come first served until gone. Some units have tags available for minutes, some for months. Only guarantee is that you'll be waiting on your computer to refresh for a few hours and the IDFG system will crash at least twice haha. If you've got a game plan you can still usually get a good general tag though. For example, I bought my tag this year on day 3 of the license period, and for a unit known to have quality opportunities.

Billy

Big poppa
Staff member
Admin
Your videos just popped up on my YouTube. Great videos too! Both bucks obviously fantastic but that Idaho buck good grief!

Looked a little steep😁

ianpadron

Steelhead
Your videos just popped up on my YouTube. Great videos too! Both bucks obviously fantastic but that Idaho buck good grief!

Looked a little steep😁
Legs were feeling that one, especially at 9k feet.

He taped out at 174 1/8", awesome buck for sure.

The MT buck is deceiving, he goes about 150" believe it or not!

His massive body dwarfed his antlers, here's a couple pics that lend some perspective.

Just a gnarly old timber buck, the best kind in my opinion.

20221023_223846.jpg20221023_174402.jpg