Goodbye Summer

Pink Nighty

Life of the Party
I think it's this little bonefish from the big island. Caught in a pond in park on a recently departed uncle's gear.

IMG_0611.jpg

In terms of pure ass kickery however, it's this Surgeonfish on my dads old Fenwick. So much backing, so quickly and so many times. @mems Said my rod was gonna bust but she held on for another day at least.

20220810_104347.jpg

For some local kicks, it's this bull swung up on a deer hair bass popper on t14 hunting Springers. Pic is no justice on account of her bleeding but a savage take and one I wont forget. Love when a stupid idea comes together!20220529_114934.jpg

Jake Watrous

Legend
Forum Supporter
This fish.
34E51FEE-49D4-47CD-9D75-1B17EC5A17F5.jpeg

caught by my 6yo
3BBC1F12-7CFF-4A2A-8952-109477E20368.jpeg

with an epoxy ant he tied,
C5E15DE2-AB09-4B56-877A-D8E4B2E8309C.jpeg
(^ this is one from the same batch)

using a dry fly leader he built at home. He rigged everything himself, cast into the lane, and caught it.

His first fish entirely on his own.

CopperJess

Smolt
Forum Supporter
I think it's this little bonefish from the big island. Caught in a pond in park on a recently departed uncle's gear.

View attachment 33481

In terms of pure ass kickery however, it's this Surgeonfish on my dads old Fenwick. So much backing, so quickly and so many times. @mems Said my rod was gonna bust but she held on for another day at least.

View attachment 33482

For some local kicks, it's this bull swung up on a deer hair bass popper on t14 hunting Springers. Pic is no justice on account of her bleeding but a savage take and one I wont forget. Love when a stupid idea comes together!View attachment 33486
You had a good summer!

Pink Nighty

Life of the Party

#9 Drew Brees redfish
Pink Nighty I did get a bonefish on the last day of summer at the pond today, a little bigger than yours.

Not saying much, they dont come much smaller than mine!

Now was it bigger than the one I spooked? 🤣🤣🤣

Jake Watrous

Legend
Forum Supporter
@Jake your son puts many of us old codgers to shame including me.
Really, I’m just feeding/chasing his interest in the hopes that it keeps him balanced. You know how focused and obsessive kids can be.

Last edited:

Jake Watrous

Legend
Forum Supporter

View attachment 33481

View attachment 33482

For some local kicks, it's this bull swung up on a deer hair bass popper on t14 hunting Springers. Pic is no justice on account of her bleeding but a savage take and one I wont forget. Love when a stupid idea comes together!View attachment 33486
I love how your gear has stories to it and that what you’re fishing with goes so far beyond “it’s a (model) by (company)”—so cool!

Jake Watrous

Legend
Forum Supporter

#9 Drew Brees redfish
Pink Nighty I did get a bonefish on the last day of summer at the pond today, a little bigger than yours.

Mems, I am always enthralled by the (to me) exotics you catch and how much fun you seem to be having doing it.