Fletching Arrows

Long_Rod_Silvers

Elder Millennial
Forum Supporter
Curious if anyone has experience with either the arizona EZ fletch, Easton EZ fletching jig or Bitzenburger?
Time to start fletching my own - looking for any input anyone has.

Reactions: JS

Jim F.

Still a Genuine Montana Fossil
I used Bitzenbergers back in the day, but I got a deal on them and fletched a lot of (mostly Cedar) arrows. Effective, bombproof but spendy. The EZ FLetchers look intriguing.

Chucker

Steelhead
I fletched thousands of arrows with Bitzenburgers. Very solid, reliable piece of equipment, which is probably why they look exactly the same as they did 30 years ago. Very slow unless you have many of them as they only do one flight at a time. I think I would rather have the speed of the ones that can do all 3, plus actually putting the flights on helical instead of straight probably helps performance.

TicTokCroc

Sunkist and Sudafed
Forum Supporter
I used this jig in the past.
Screenshot_20220920-141907_Chrome.jpg

I liked it, mostly because the clip that holds the fletching in position while gluing didn't put extra pressure on it and squeeze glue out. You can delicately set it in place. Also I believe it has multiple adjustments, 3 vane, 4 vane, and 1 degree or 3 degree. Not sure about the others but this one worked good enough for me. Cons might be speed because it only does one at a time. Also not sure if it can do longer vanes. I know I wanted a bitzenburger at some point. Great thanks a lot now I want a compound bow again!

TicTokCroc

Sunkist and Sudafed
Forum Supporter
Do it. Seriously. I used to shoot and then kids came and got too busy. Been 9 years. So awesome getting back into it.

Just do it. You can thank me later.
Maybe about 7 years for me. I had a Bowtech captain I sold cause we had a baby, a new business, and no time to use it anymore so I sold it for funds. I kept my Hoyt recurve though, but I suck at shooting it. Trying to justify a 2000$ purchase for me is going to be a tough sell so I think I'll start saving my tips for the year:LOL:

Jim F.

Still a Genuine Montana Fossil
I fletched thousands of arrows with Bitzenburgers. Very solid, reliable piece of equipment, which is probably why they look exactly the same as they did 30 years ago.
I bought mine (a dozen on a Lazy Susan wheel) from an old-timer back home in 1970. I did some research . . . the first Bitzenberger fletcher was made in the 40's & modified a few times over the years with the last revision in 1964. I'm assuming that those I happened to find pre-dated the '64 versions. They are still cast and assembled in the USA. Needless to say, these are tools that have endured the test of time.

Long_Rod_Silvers

Elder Millennial
Forum Supporter
I bought mine (a dozen on a Lazy Susan wheel) from an old-timer back home in 1970. I did some research . . . the first Bitzenberger fletcher was made in the 40's & modified a few times over the years with the last revision in 1964. I'm assuming that those I happened to find pre-dated the '64 versions. They are still cast and assembled in the USA. Needless to say, these are tools that have endured the test of time.
Anything that hasn't been modified since the 60's and still top of it's class is worth taking note of.

JS

Mankie Old Chum
Forum Supporter
I use a bitz and we fletch our own arrows. I would recommend it, it’s very easy to do once you get the hang of how much glue to apply and how to apply it evenly.

The Bitz is awesome bc you can adjust 3/4 fletch, helical, etc.

JS

Mankie Old Chum
Forum Supporter
I use the whole kit (wipes, primer pen, glue) from AAE and use wraps sometimes but lately have been going no wraps on 4mm Black Eagle X Impacts. I shoot AAE max stealth vanes on a 3* helical.

Long_Rod_Silvers

Elder Millennial
Forum Supporter
Ended up getting the Arizona EZ fletch. Holy smokes that was easy - and fun. Went thru a couple dozen arrows, wrapped and fletched in a bout 2 hours. Learning curve was about 2 arrows. First one was shit, used way too much glue. Second one not as bad - still too much glue used when I tipped and tailed. Third one looked good and flies good. The rest were a breeze.

Probably end up getting a blitz at some point just to fart around w/ a 4 fletch. Fun stuff.