The good boat deal thread

Long_Rod_Silvers

Elder Millennial
Forum Supporter
Reactions: NRC

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
Right here on this site, a GREAT deal:

doublespey

Let.It.Swing
Forum Supporter

Someone please buy this and take me fishing in it.
Looks like an awesome boat for inshore saltwater. I contacted Trevor but he'd just sent the boat to South Dakota where he's moving, so no Uforia for me. :(

kerrys

Ignored Member
Looks like an awesome boat for inshore saltwater. I contacted Trevor but he'd just sent the boat to South Dakota where he's moving, so no Uforia for me. :(
That could have been a Salish Sea fishing machine. What the hell is he going to use it for in South Dakota? Fishing Lake Oahe?

Nick Clayton

Fishing Is Neat
Forum Supporter

Someone please buy this and take me fishing in it.

That boat has been for sale for about a year now. Original asking price was close to twice what is being asked in that ad.

I would have seriously considered it a year ago before buying my Ranger but I just don't want anything to do with an Etech

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
That boat has been for sale for about a year now. Original asking price was close to twice what is being asked in that ad.

I would have seriously considered it a year ago before buying my Ranger but I just don't want anything to do with an Etech
I've heard the E-Tech is actually a great motor, probably the only really good one Evinrude ever did (mainly because it was actually Bombardier that made it). Only issue is getting service. That'll be hard and harder as years go on.

Nick Clayton

Fishing Is Neat
Forum Supporter
I've heard the E-Tech is actually a great motor, probably the only really good one Evinrude ever did (mainly because it was actually Bombardier that made it). Only issue is getting service. That'll be hard and harder as years go on.

I've heard plenty of good, and plenty of bad about Etechs. My problem is that I've seen first hand far more bad than good.

That has been enough for me to decide never to mess with one. Add in the fact that I have no interest in burning oil, that Evinrude is no longer around, and every one Ive been around is louder than hell, and it's a hard pass for me.

Not saying they are inherently bad. But the issues I've seen with them, added with those other factors make them a deal breaker for me personally.

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
I've heard plenty of good, and plenty of bad about Etechs. My problem is that I've seen first hand far more bad than good.

That has been enough for me to decide never to mess with one. Add in the fact that I have no interest in burning oil, that Evinrude is no longer around, and every one Ive been around is louder than hell, and it's a hard pass for me.

Not saying they are inherently bad. But the issues I've seen with them, added with those other factors make them a deal breaker for me personally.
Yeah I mean, I'd never have one. I'm a Honda man. But I've known a few with them and they seemed solid. But I don't doubt they had their issues, too.

mark wlker

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Here's our "good deal/weekend" addition.
Sorry for the f****d up sideways pics. No matter which way I turn this GD I phone 13, pics are always messed up. Hate my phone intensely! POS!
IMG_0163.jpgIMG_0164.jpgIMG_0165.jpgIMG_0168.jpgIMG_0170.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0165.jpg
    IMG_0165.jpg
    824.4 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0170.jpg
    IMG_0170.jpg
    656.1 KB · Views: 2

Nick Clayton

Fishing Is Neat
Forum Supporter
Yeah I mean, I'd never have one. I'm a Honda man. But I've known a few with them and they seemed solid. But I don't doubt they had their issues, too.

Funny enough I've never actually owned a Honda, but I'm a big fan. Currently have almost 2500 hours on the pair hanging on the boat I run down here. 2500 flawless hours. I broke these motors in and have put every single hour on them except 2 days that another captain ran for me. Put a thousand or so on the pair prior to those.

They're not flashy or sexy, but Honda just gets the job done day in, day out.

I've had great luck with Yamaha, and so far I absolutely love the 115 Merc ProXS on my Ranger, though it just cracked one hundred hours so still a long ways to go on that one.

Every company makes good motors and every company has some lemons. I've heard plenty of happy Etech owners, no doubt. For me though, I choose to steer clear.