What have you done for your boat lately?

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter

Jake Watrous

Legend
Forum Supporter
Yeah the herringbone one looks like a feather. Beautiful work!
Thank you. Was unintentional, but you're right that it really does.

Now I know what they mean about "feathering your paddle".

SurfnFish

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
calmed it down by explaining in a soothing voice the new Trex deck will be finished tommorrow, so on Thursday we're off to finally ice free Crane.

Last edited:
Reactions: M_D

Jake Watrous

Legend
Forum Supporter
Finished the paddles…just in time for them to need all of Memorial Day weekend to cure/dry.

IMG_0274.jpeg

EDIT: Paddles are not oars. Gotta get the nomenclature right or I’ll find myself up Schid Creek without a paddle—just an oar.

Last edited:

skyriver

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
How many of you are using bimini covers during summer?

I'm ok baking in the sun if I'm busy fishing, but not when I'm eating lunch onboard. So...
I pulled the bimini cover that came with my 14' Valco out of the garage rafters. It's been up there since I bought the boat in October of 2015. I didn't think I would ever use it. Well, I'm gonna try it for mid-day lunch shade. I usually pull into the shade of shoreline trees for lunch, but that can be an adventure on a power boat lake like Mayfield or Tapps.
I spent $7.45 on mounting hardware and it fits great. I can have it down, in the cover, laid back on the outboard while fishing and then just open it up for lunchtime. It doesn't interfere with steering when laid down so should be easy. We'll see.