Search results

1. Herkileez

First Rainbow Trip of the Year.

My wife and I made the hour-long drive from our home (on Vancouver Island) to one of our favourite small rivers to fish for rainbows, which migrate up fom the lake every May - June. We were a bit early and the river was still too high with snow melt, to be able to cross back and forth...but we...
  2. Herkileez

Three New Fiberglass builds

Just finished the grips on three fiberglass builds, experimenting with birch/fir bark and burled cork. Still need to do the wraps on the yellow and orange blanks...Two 8' 5wts and a 7'6" 4 wt.
  3. Herkileez

Beach Line Recommendations

I've been using a Snowbee integrated XS floating switch line for o/head casting for coho on the beach. I'm using tapered fluoro leaders and very small flies. The 29' head is great for o/head sh casting, but Snowbee pvc oatings are notorious for their poor durability. I'm looking for a suitable...
  4. Herkileez

Birch Bark Grip

(Thought we had a rod building section, but couldn't find it...so posting here) This grip idea has been in the back of my mind for a while...finally got around to putting it together.. birch bark with wave/burnt cork accents. I'm happy with the result. Not sure what blank I'll put it on...might...
  5. Herkileez

Two Amundson Trend Fly Reels with Spare Spools

I have two Amundson Trend fly reels, each with one large arbor and one mid-arbor spool, all loaded with backing. Strong cork disc drag. Recently serviced and in good condition. Ideal for 7-10 wt single hand rods or lighter switch rods $100 usd each or all for $180 usd shipped in NA.
  6. Herkileez

Pretty Amazing!

Had to share this.......Amazing how they separated materials by colour/texture.
  7. Herkileez

Must Watch This !!

This was posted from an incident on Sheridan Lake, in BC. I had to pass it on: If this isn't a reminder to wear a lifejacket, I don't know what is. https://www.facebook.com/reel/8015530048517940?fs=e&s=TIeQ9V A tiny voice just heard. He was just hanging on. Brent B Gill and another guest at...
  8. Herkileez

Demo Casting for a Celebrity

The other day I was fishing for pinks, directly across from a local outdoor store, which is perched on the edge of the river. I was using a switch rod and was alone on the run. As I was casting, I noticed someone standing in the window, watching me. He stayed there, seeming transfixed on my...
  9. Herkileez

Islander LA 4.5 Reel and 2 spare spools w/3 lines

Gold Islander LA 4.5 Reel and 2 spare spools (3 spools total), gold color, with anti-reverse drag feature, excellent condition, with slight rash on bottom edge of cage, 3 Islander neoprene cases. Loaded with backing and 3 lines: AF 8/9 Spey, Skagit spey 8/9 550 gr, Rio Windcutter 9/10 Sold
  10. Herkileez

Riverstick Custom Wading Staffs

I’ve been building my wading staffs for a few years now, shipping them worldwide, and making some great friends along the way. Fishers seem to like them, so I thought I’d offer them for sale here as well. The heart of the staff is the extremely durable, heavy-guage 6061 marine-grade aluminum...