Recent content by Herkileez

1. Herkileez

First Rainbow Trip of the Year.

Bamboo would work well on that river. We were dead-drifting beadhead hare's ear and prince nymphs.
  2. Herkileez

Our favourite local river...gin-clear, with deep green runs....always have good days there. I really like the reels..old-school-style clickers that, IMO, go well with the rods.
  3. Herkileez

Yes, happy with the rods...Hers a 7 1/2' 4 wt, mine an 8' 4 wt....no problem reaching wherever we needed to be on the river,
  4. Herkileez

My wife and I made the hour-long drive from our home (on Vancouver Island) to one of our favourite small rivers to fish for rainbows, which migrate up fom the lake every May - June. We were a bit early and the river was still too high with snow melt, to be able to cross back and forth...but we...
  5. elk river 2024 4.jpg

elk river 2024 4.jpg

6. elk river 2024 10.jpg

elk river 2024 10.jpg

7. elk river 2024 5.jpg

elk river 2024 5.jpg

8. elk river 2024 9.jpg

elk river 2024 9.jpg

9. elk river 2024 1.jpg

elk river 2024 1.jpg

10. Herkileez

Rod Building The Rod Building Thread

Like the stealthy look of black against the flat black blank...and the guinea hen feather tops it off....(y)
  11. Herkileez

Official Beach Line Thread

Most supposed beach lines have a fairly clunky head, designed to turn over big flies, tips etc...which are not necessary when beach fishing coho, etc. There are very few available suitable for light mono leaders and smaller flies. Many of us, here on Vancouver Island, have been using the...
  12. Herkileez

Riverstick Custom Wading Staffs

Cool-looking add-ons to the staff Brian. Boomerang and T-Reign make heavy-duty ( 14 oz tension) retractors, which enable you to keep the grip at your hip while wading. Here's how I rig mine, clipping the retractor to the hammer loop, with the tether clipped to the ring below the grip. I use...
  13. Herkileez

Riverstick Custom Wading Staffs

Many thanks David!...and yes, I will say that simplicity and function were a higher priority than cosmetics in designing the staff. ..Glad to hear you're happy with it. Rick
  14. Herkileez

How are you storing/organizing your (flat) materials?

I don't like clutter hanging all over, so I store by material type in plastic containers, stacked in a wardrobe cabinet, with extra shelves added. Same goes for flashabou/crystal flash, etc, which I store in roll-up pockets made with cryovac bag material.
  15. flashabou storage 2.jpg

flashabou storage 2.jpg