Recent content by Coach Potter

1. Coach Potter

Idaho Spring Bear

I felt so blessed! Seeing the lights was a lifelong dream of mine. I have been telling my wife for 25 years that someday I was heading to the Artic Circle, and I wouldn't come home until I had seen them. To see them in my favorite setting will go down as one of the top experiences of my...
  2. Coach Potter

Idaho Spring Bear

We were so fortunate that it worked out the way it did. Had it happened any of the previous 5 nights we would have missed it as we would have been sound asleep in the tipi long before it kicked off.
  3. Coach Potter

Idaho Spring Bear

4. Coach Potter

Idaho Spring Bear

A few more pics that I liked.
  5. Coach Potter

Idaho Spring Bear

Sorry for double posting the first pics…not sure how I did that🤣
  6. Coach Potter

Idaho Spring Bear

Man…what a week! I never know what’s going to happen when I leave the trailhead but I am never disappointed in the experience. We came out lite again. The only bears we saw all week was a sow and cub. We learned a lot about the area and will make some adjustments for the next trip. We spent the...
  7. Coach Potter

Idaho Spring Bear

Thank you sir!
  8. Coach Potter

Idaho Spring Bear

Headed back in for another week starting tomorrow. I’m loving the cool forecast for the 11 miles going in day one. I’m not super thrilled about the 4” of forecasted snow for day two, but it gets better everyday after Tuesday. I was hoping to shave the weight of the stove but it’s looking like we...
  9. Coach Potter

Stolen Time….

That’s where my son is too!
  10. Coach Potter

Stolen Time….

I was asked to speak at my son’s college yesterday. He goes to school in Montana so that meant we were going to fish😀. The fishing wasn’t amazing but we each caught a nice one and any day we get to fish together is better than any day we don’t. I also got to fish my way home today so….
  11. Coach Potter

Handgun Snake Shot

I’ve never used it on snakes but I have an old .38 revolver that lives in the center console of my Jeep..it’s loaded with snake shot…I shoot grouse with it.
  12. Coach Potter

Inches away from no cougar season

I participated in WA Wildlife issues for a long time. I grew weary and bitter...I didn't like what I was becoming. My wife called me out one day as being a "perpetual complainer," a trait I despise. I thought about that for a while (several weeks) and came to the conclusion we should move to a...
  13. Coach Potter

Idaho Spring Bear

Spring is becoming my favorite time to be in the back country...right now it's 1a-fall and 1b spring :). Fall colors are amazing but spring colors are amazing in their own right. I also see more wildlife in spring than I do fall.
  14. Coach Potter

Inches away from no cougar season

I will see if I can find the statements of the 2 commissioners I am referring to.